![]() |
| Cheyenne, January 2011 |
Anyone who know me knows I do NOT like dogs. I don't hate them, but I am more of a cat person. My aversion to dogs comes from owning large dogs when I was a girl who got muddy then jumped all over me, They were so affection-starved, but they were so rambunctious that I didn't want to get around them. I think my dad had them for a warning system, though they rarely warned of anything.
Mostly the dogs were mixed breeds, but they were of the family of Doberman, Rottweiler, or some other large breed. They would greet me in the morning with their muddy paws, and I would go to school with mud on my jeans most days. I hated it. I loved puppies, but who doesn't.
![]() |
| Rowdy, 2011 |
Then I met Flash. Now, if you ever watched Dukes of Hazzard, you know that Flash was Roscoe's bassett hound. So precious. She lay in the patrol car and did nothing most of the time, except for bark at the bad guys, and then it seemed to be an effort. Then there was Fred from Smokey and the Bandit. In college, my friend had a hound named Fred, who was basically worthless, but that made him precious. Then there was Copper from Fox and the Hound..."I'm a hound dog. A rroooo rrooo."
My first cat was, as my daughter calls it, a full black cat. Her name was Sheiba. Frances was from her litter...we had her for about 15 years. Taco was found on the side of the road. At her baptism...the first bath...she was christened Taco because she looked like the dog from the Yo Quiero Taco Bell commercials. Her brother, Yoda, from the same christening, got his namesake from the movie star. He ran away. Another cat named after his white feet, Socks, being a boy, ran away as well. In the later years there were Moses and Noah...my daughters named them.
![]() |
| Amber 2011 |
Today we have Amber, named for her eyes...full circle with the full-black thing. Amber reminds me a lot of Frances the way she storms through the house for exercise.
![]() |
| Tabbie, December 2011 |
Tabbie is our newest addition. Tabbie was found at the office in the parking lot. Afraid she would get run over, Jeremy had Pam to entice her with french fries and they were able to capture her. Pam called me and asked me if I wanted it. My first question was, "Is it a baby?" Yes was the answer, and when I saw her I fell instantly in love. I named her after my great grandmother, Tabbie Folmar Carter. She was cold and starving. After we fed her, she relaxed and was able to take a nap.
Tabbie is drawn to the ornaments on our tree, but she is the first of all the cats to not get up into the tree and take a nap!!!! She is MY Christmas present, but the girls love her. We all enjoy taking care of her.




No comments:
Post a Comment