Thursday, March 17, 2011

Take a look at me...tell me do you like what you see?


I'm not going to ask if you think you can do me! LOL!!! I wore this dress to my friend Labbette's wedding in 1999. Need I remind you how many years ago that is? I wore silver strappy sandals with it that have since disintegrated from my constance use in the summer time. I have a new pair of sandals to go with the dress, and it all looks great on me, thanks to the "new plan" I have mentioned before.

Question is, if I haven't worn a dress like that in this long of time, why would I hang on to it? It's kind of like a Mustang that is sitting in the garage for years. It runs perfectly, but no one wants to drive it. A car like a Mustang should be DRIVEN and fast at all times possible!!

While I don't wish that my dress would be worn by fast women or loose teenagers, it should be WORN!!! Despite several friends comments on a certain social network that I should keep the dress, where am I going in it?

A friend has a store appropriately named for our generation of ladies, Wildflower. I think I will take it there, and let someone else take it out for a whirl.

2 comments:

BASSakward Tales said...

Although I think the dress looks great and you should be so stoked that you can still wear it...I think you should take it to Wildflower...somebody else needs to feel that beauty and that prettiness...Love you bunches...

GIRL RAISED IN THE SOUTH said...

i think so too. I need to make the trip. I'll do it soon!