JJ and I have come back together here lately. I may have cried myself to sleep at nights, but I have kept my promise to remain faithful. Some days I try my hardest to show him love and some days I just don't feel like he gets the message.
But he did come in from working on the road one day and announce that he was dropping out of the clan. He was done with clan wars. The game still remained in the bedroom, and he stayed up late with it for a couple of nights, but as time has moved on, he has played less and less.
We bought a movie the other night, Lone Survivor, with Mark Wahlburg. We thoroughly enjoyed it and stayed up way past my bedtime watching it together with AJ, but it was fun. His comment that he would be quiet while playing the game after I was in bed only led me to finally tell him that our bedroom is a man and woman's bedroom. I made him angry, but he didn't come play the game. He came to bed around 2 am, but we snuggled. He worked on Wednesday, and he came home, and we enjoyed our time together. We spent time with AJ. We were watching football in the living room together. They played on their tablet games. We kissed at midnight with the fireworks going off around us. We snuggled on the couch. We retired together and we snuggled some more. It is almost as if we are getting to know each other again, and that's okay. While it is a romantic notion to make love to your spouse on New Year's Eve, it is not a requirement. We are rekindling our romance...slowly. I am good with it.
JJ will play the game again. He will play it in the bedroom. Hopefully he will play it with respect for my work schedule. Hopefully for him work will pick up soon.
We spent today watching football games together. We have had a wonderful day. He is hunting at the moment. While I am sad that I do not accompany him on this trip, I am content. I am content to be at home in the warm with my writing and my cooking of the traditional New Year meal. We have much football left to watch. The semifinals are on right now. The NFL kicks off their playoffs Saturday.
Should he return to his game, I have a movie trilogy to keep me busy. I have always wanted to finish the Godfather, and so I bought it. I have all weekend to watch it.
I talked with some girls at work who go through the same thing with their husbands, but they have found balance with the game in their relationships. We will find balance with the game in ours. I just will just keep loving him in spite of all. I will pray through the loneliness and enjoy the good times. And for this New Year's Day, there have been plenty.
No comments:
Post a Comment