Tuesday, December 13, 2011

I need a new pair of glubs

So Meghan wanted to wash the dishes, but we were out of detergent. We were out because yesterday she started to wash them, and we were out of Ajax. She had used all of it up making magic potion to wash my "glubs" in to get them squeeeaaakky cleeeeaaannnn! She had thrown my rubber gloves in and was stirring them, like in a cauldron!

I went to the store to purchase more ingredients for the magic potion, only to return to find her elbow-deep in greasy water. The counter was flooded, and my window plant was drowned. There was a waterfall flowing off the counter. "I had a little accident," she apologized.

We drained the water, reloaded the sink and added new potion. After testing the temperature, Meghan announced, "I'm going to need your glubs."

Next I know, Meghan has broken out into Handel's Messiah; "Halleyujah, halleyujah, halle-yu-jah!"  I just cracked up!!!

I said that I would pay her 50 cents for her extra effort. She immediately came back with, "How about 70?"

"What have you been watching?" I ask. "Pawn Stars?"

"Yes! I have!" she replied emphatically.

So K2 came in and said that if we were going to be able to keep the house standing, we were going to have to put Meghan out to sleep with the dogs. He continued that we wouldn't be able to continue living in it if she did.

Without missing a beat, Mehgan said, "Mom, next time he goes outside...shoot him."

Have a good day yall!

No comments: