Monday, December 19, 2011

Fly Lady rides again.

This time she creates a room for a princess....

Meg's room has no genereal theme. I wanted to do her nursery in bunny rabbits when she was a baby. Mostly I have stuck to a color scheme, and over the years, the look has evolved. I forever think of her room as a work in progress.
I started with rearranging the room because her bed was pushed up against the wall. There is always a narrow space between the bed and the wall with this arrangement. This makes for a cleaning mom's worst nightmare.  All the junk from the floor ends up shoved off the side of the bed next to the wall. You think the room looks great, until you try to make the bed up!
I decided to use a variety of colored props on the wall, and a neutral wall paint. All the colors come together in the quilt on the bed. The bedspread on the bed coordiates with the curtains that were in her orginal nursery.  Although we have moved away from bunnies to ballerinas and fairies, there is still a picture of bunnies on the wall that ties all the colors in together.
Space on one desk is for reading, and the other is for writing. With two desks in there, she can work at one desk, and I can work at another at the same time. There is room for Erin on the bed....homework area! No TV, no radio, just reading. AAHHH! silence.
A shoe bag on the back side of the closet door helps to keep shoes away, a toy box for dolls, a drawer for blankets, one for dress-up clothes and baby doll gadgets, and three doll cradles make up the organization in the room. The drawers under the captain's bed hold pajamas, socks, and underwear. The remaining three drawers in the chest of drawers are for clothes for school.



I admit I am ready to repaint, and I need to buy new blinds, but right now the room is fit for a princess.

No comments: