Wednesday, March 30, 2011

HERE'S TO YOUR HEALTH

This Lenten season I have been concentrating a lot on my health. I have some really good friends who say that I don't need to lose weight. They like my body the way it is. I caught one of them in a point this morning...Dropping 20 pounds wouldn't hurt. At my height a loss of 20 could keep me out of the heart doctor's office or the diabetic docotor's office. Tushe was the response (I don't read much French, so you probably know that is not spelled right.) I have recently had a string of problems that are affecting how I feel. I do have a doctor's appointment on Tuesday. A friend at work says I should go see a specialist. A specialist at what? My string consists of ENT, digestive, coronary...you name it. While I don't think I have a heart risk, I do think that my problem(s) could affect my heart. A general practitioner can begin the process and then point me in the right direction.

And while I am just rambling...my mom says my stepfather found my site via FB. I share it so it can be found, and I welcome the readers. My mom makes a point to tell me that she is not going to read my blog. HMMM. I wonder why. Avoiding on purpose or just doesn't want to pry? I put it out there, but please note that they are my feelings whether you agree with me or not. And if you don't agree, we don't have to argue about it...unless you think I am in need and it is worth bringing up.
I have a friend David who has a wonderful blog. I wonder if his mom reads his, or not. On purpose. My relationship will not deminish with my mom if she doesn't read my blog. But I come back to that WHY? And Dave, if you are reading this, you don't have to bring it up to her.

Kid's Market was a great success this year. While I don't think I will make as much as I did in the fall, I definitely got some great deals. But I did forget Meghan's pjs!!! OOPS!

Work is calling, and I have to make it back that way now. I hope things settle down soon. We have a new employee, and I was training her. Today I am covering for a co-worker. In the summer we have an employee retiring and they talk of opening another office. At times I worry that they will want to put someone else in that office, and keep me in the main branch. And at those times, I remember to take it one day at a time. God provides for the flowers and the birds. He will provide for me.

Peace and Blessings to you all!

3 comments:

BASSakward Tales said...

I don't understand why some people that we love so much refuse to take the time to read our blogs. Stuff that we have put alot of time and effort into. My momma does not read my blog either. The reasons may and are probably different. I enjoy reading your blogs for several reasons. One, they are very well written. Two, I learn alot about you. Although we have been friends forever, I still learn more each time I read your blog. Third, it is therapeutic for everyone. I hope that you find peace within yourself as you journey through this part of your life. I love you more than you know....

d$ said...

I have the same issue--my mom doesn't read my blog, because she barely knows what a computer is... But some of my closest friends don't read my own blog, and I'm like "seriously... You are my friends... Support me!"

GIRL RAISED IN THE SOUTH said...

I'm so glad to see that others run into the same problem with me. I think that more people read my blog than I know, but I have 6 followers, so I can't keep track of them. If my mom read my blog, she would understand more about me, but I sometimes wonder if she thinks I will say something embarrassing.

Thanks to both of you for your support!!!