To say I have writer's block would be unfair. I can think of tons of things to write about when I am in my car or in the shower. I can't remember squat when I sit down in front of the computer. Maybe it has to do with the new lay-out I am using for my blog. It is so different. It is not comfortable like that old flannel shirt I used to put on. Maybe writer's laziness would be more fair to the description.
I have been converging on a new season of Lent. I have had my own demons to kill this year. For starters I was expecting my annulment would be completely processed and I would be gearing up to receive Holy Communion for the first time in 8 years. It would have been extremely special to be able to receive it this year, as my daughter will receive her first Blessed Sacrament in May. How precious that would be to share that with her!!! Alas. It did not work out. Apparently there was a clerical mix up at the church, and the annulment did not even get sent off to the Tribunal Council. But, take heart, dear friends! God's timing is in everything. I believe He is in this as well.
The rest of the story is simple. I work five days a week, and whatever break I get...weekends, off days... I spend sick. I don't mean just lazy I don't want to get off the couch sick, but so sick I am running to call Ralph sick, or migraine, or sinus pain, or cramps. You name it. My doctor prescribed me a great allergy medicine that would help with all the sinus junk, but it costs $162...generic. I just don't have that each month. I really have a good mental status, or at least I think I do. I get geared up each Friday to tackle some integer in my house that needs attention, children, laundry, laundry room, children's rooms, but when I wake up on the day of the event, I literally can't. I have said before that my body is rebelling. Perhaps working through lunch at the office to get caught up is what is keeping me from spreading my rest out, so that I have more energy when I need it. This is not something I do daily, just on an as-needed basis. I was told not to stay after work anymore...watch my comp-time...from my boss. If I stay at work a minute after 5pm, then it is only to hang out with my boyfriend, whom I apparently work with...so says my husband, or else I would come racing home to a family more engorged in television than anything else, who would begin using me the minute I walk through the door.
Well, I have used up my alotted time for whining. Like Mrs. Hamlin always said, "Just start writing anything. Eventually, you will have written something." It may have not been the brilliant topic I was thinking about in the shower, but at least it gets some of the garbage out of the way so I can think freely next time.
Until then...
No comments:
Post a Comment