Sunday, July 31, 2011

FLY LADY - A New Beginning

As moms we need a support group. We need a small handful of people that we can "be real" with, as Gigi's friend BT said as she posted pictures on facebook for the entire world to see that she does live in the "real world" of a mom with three kids. Known to those around her as Martha Stewart, it is okay for BT to have moments of realism, as she is a real human person with faults and bad moods and bad days, just like all of us.

The purpose of this blog is to share my accomplishments and failures with those who are closest to me, and I hope that in turn, you will share yours with me. This is similar to one of those towel swap things in that it will only work if we all participate.

The idea is to make a note of what you tried today and what worked well for you or what went totally flop for you. What do you struggle with? What questions do you have? What answers can you give?

The blog has a small group now, but I welcome you to invite others. I will not refer to anyone by their real names.

Miranda -- My biggest struggle is time and the fact that I want things that my husband does not. I want a clean, organized house, and my husband doesn't hold that as a priority. His cleaning spurts come around once a month when his mood has swung up--what do they call that? Bipoler? He is the first one to complain when it gets messy.

My second struggle is time. I have precious three to four hours to spend when I get home every night. The last thing I want to do is spend it on my feet cleaning all evening. Tonight I came in and went right to work, but in doing that, I miss out on mind-body-soul time that I should be spending with my kids. Once I sit down to eat supper, it is basically over. I am used up, and there is no more energy to clean or organize.

What I did right tonight--I sent my daughter to her room when she fell apart emotionally. The break kept me from screaming at her or pulling my hair out. I cooked supper for tonight and put tomorrow night's supper in the crock pot.

What I could have done better--I allowed the kids to put a movie in at 7:00, knowing it would run past their 8pm bed time. I am not good at sticking with the night time routine.

Okay, your turn. What do you struggle with? I know we have talked about it, but it will be good for you to get it in print so you can start looking to trouble shoot. What are you doing right?

Gigi shared with me that she doesn't feel like she can be that Martha Stewart type of person, even when she wants to be. I think we all can be whatever we want if we are driven enough to do it...and a few B12 shots wouldn't hurt anything.

I warn you that what you are about to see is real. It is not meant for you to judge me, but to share in my downs and then my ups. You may offer encouragement or advice, but, please, never criticism.

No comments: