Sunday, July 31, 2011

Getting Started July 30


I have been exposed to FLY lady for years. I finally am ready to take the time and effort to make the change in myself and my home that will benefit my family for the better. This is my experience with my Kitchen, my zone 2 of my FLY lady plan. I swapped it this month for week five because I haven’t been taking care of business, and this is where I need to do the most work. Keeping it real!
Today I begin in the kitchen. Start time : 7:15 am



Phase 1: Starting with loading the dishwasher and cleaning the surfaces that I unearth first. The music: dance music from my music file…Stacy Q and K C and the Sunshine Band. Time: 20 mins. In 20 mins, I managed to get my pulse up and my breathing quickened. The dishwasher is going and one counter is cleaned off. I am ready to switch to Latin music and dishwashing.

Phase 2: Washing dishes to Latin music. Here we go. Time on the clock…25 mins. Santana, Ricky Martin, Selena. Little M came running in to turn up the volume to Oye Como Va!!! Too funny.

A well deserved break for five minutes…my sugar is dropping. A look in on little M, who has built a tower out of toilet paper and hidden all her sister’s treasures inside!!!

Phase 3: Sticking with the Latin music, cuz it’s working for me…Clean off the counters and the stove. Leave a note to set the oven to clean itself while we are at church. Clean out the coffee maker. Time to work: 20 mins

Clean out the coffee maker instructions: Wash the coffee pot. Fill pot tank with 12 cups of pure vinegar. Let it run through. Fill the tank again with water. Let it run through. Wash the hot plate and wall of the coffee maker. Spray with water and vinegar solution or other natural household cleaner…do not use bleach or other harsh cleaning chemicals.

I’ll have to work on phases four and five. They consist on cleaning out the fridge, washing the rugs, and mopping the floor. For now, I have a small list growing of things to purchase at the store to help me better organize. Up to this point, total work time is 2 hrs!!!




I had some setbacks yesterday. Children can do the darndest things. I started again this morning and kept right on with it. Keeping on the same vein of setting timers and using music, I finished the rest of the work in one hour..this is washing the breakfast dishes taking out all the gobs of trash and mopping, while doing laundry in the other room.



If the pictures don't speak a thousand words, my MOM did!!! She told me it looked like Fly Lady had been there!!!!

No comments: