You may be wondering what my family's response is to all this Fly Lady business. A few years ago I tried to spread my wings and FLY. My husband was not ready for that change. He did not get on board.
I'm going to take a side-track here for just a second...I have put everything on this site for MOMs. I know there are a couple of DADs (or soon-to-be DADs) that read this blog, so I vow from this day not to leave you out in the 100 degree sweltering Bama heat. (I could have said "out in the cold" as the saying goes, but that would be a bit rediculous in this climate, don't you think?)
One thing important I have learned this morning is that the MOMs can't do it without the DADs. And vice-versa. God's intentions were that it takes two to make a thing go right.
In my parenting class one of my biggest obstacles was the fact that I had to get DAD on board. I learned that one of my FLYing partners biggest problems in her house was that her husband was not part of her program. In my own home, such was the case.
I have single friends that probably would argue that they do it all without DADs help, and to a degree, they can run their own household without the help of their husbands, but I'm here to tell you, even the best housekeepers are lacking somewhere...but aren't we all? That is why God's intention was for marriage to be one man and one woman...to bring all things to the table that He intended to be present to run a family...a family of CHRISTIANS, who will one day join him in heaven...that's why we are here, right?
Off my soap-box now. One of the worst things a spouse can do is not support the other spouse. It doesn't mean that you have to like what they are doing. You can pray that God will direct them away from it somehow, if you think it is not in their best interest, but you should always support them...and there are levels of support...and I am not going to go into that right now, but you can give support to your spouse without being on the sideline as a cheerleader.
I just opened a whole can of worms with that last paragraph, worms that I will have to eat one day, but I said that to say that if you as a spouse are trying to better the household without the support of the other spouse, you are doomed to failure before you begin. What difference does it make if you shine your kitchen sink, if your spouse doesn't also see the value of the shiny sink?
Yesterday, my husband (I could almost call him HUBBY for this comment) told our children that WE as a family were going to work harder at keeping the house picked up so that we (me) don't have to spend so long cleaning it on the weekend.
:) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) And when I came home to day, he had cleaned the living room!
No comments:
Post a Comment