

I have always been one to not waste when it comes to bedding and furniture. I am in my father’s tradition, a pack rat. My husband is forever telling me that we have too much stuff. We do literally have stuff oozing out of the closets. I have a hard time getting rid of stuff because in the words of my friend, Al, “It’s still good!”
After my daughter out grew her baby bed, my dad gave me my aunt’s old bedroom suit. A full size bed was a part of the deal. I just happened to have the loveliest gingham yellow bedding to go on that bed! (Imagine that.) We had my uncle come in and paint the walls yellow to coordinate. Not two years later, she hated the color yellow. (Remember she is now only 5). She began sleeping with me, and I couldn’t convince her to sleep in her room again. She hated her room.
We found a youthful printed bedspread at Wal-Mart and coordinating purple sheets. She loved it. “Oh, Mommy! I will sleep in my room!” Not too long after, however, she was back in my room. So was her sister! We’ve tried everything to get them back in their room—toddler beds, Disney covers--you name it.
Enter JC Penney’s and my super-smart stepmother. She pulls out this catalog from 1996 or sometime way back in the past. Surely these items will no longer be available. I ate my crow quickly, as Delois talked with the rep at Penney’s and confirmed that the two bed covers I was interested in were actually IN STOCK!!
Polka-dotted sheets and shag rugs later, we have a room fit for a princess! AND THEY LOVE IT!
After my daughter out grew her baby bed, my dad gave me my aunt’s old bedroom suit. A full size bed was a part of the deal. I just happened to have the loveliest gingham yellow bedding to go on that bed! (Imagine that.) We had my uncle come in and paint the walls yellow to coordinate. Not two years later, she hated the color yellow. (Remember she is now only 5). She began sleeping with me, and I couldn’t convince her to sleep in her room again. She hated her room.
We found a youthful printed bedspread at Wal-Mart and coordinating purple sheets. She loved it. “Oh, Mommy! I will sleep in my room!” Not too long after, however, she was back in my room. So was her sister! We’ve tried everything to get them back in their room—toddler beds, Disney covers--you name it.
Enter JC Penney’s and my super-smart stepmother. She pulls out this catalog from 1996 or sometime way back in the past. Surely these items will no longer be available. I ate my crow quickly, as Delois talked with the rep at Penney’s and confirmed that the two bed covers I was interested in were actually IN STOCK!!
Polka-dotted sheets and shag rugs later, we have a room fit for a princess! AND THEY LOVE IT!
1 comment:
So cute for a girl's room!!
Post a Comment