Friday, April 17, 2009

CHECK YOUR FEET!

Erin is always asking me to help her put her shoes on. At age five, I think she should be able to don her own wardrobe. I may need to help her tie her shoes, but she should at least put them on. Most of the time, she runs around with her shoes on the wrong feet. I will try to correct her, if I see her do it wrong, but otherwise, unless she complains her feet are hurting, I don't say anything.
My co-worker, Ginger, and I have kids about the same age. She had remarked on Erin's shoes being backwards earlier this week. As they say, Lo! and Behold! Yesterday, I checked my feet.
I was in a hurry and I grabbed a brown shoe out of my closet. I was thankful to find this shoe, as I can't see into my closet and my shoe storage system has fallen apart on me. The next shoe I pulled out was also brown. Success! and in just seconds. I am always running late.
At work, I noticed that to my horror, my shoes didn't even match! Two brown slides, but different designs, and, if you look right, different color brown!
A fashion faux pas for sure, I had to show Ginger that I had mismatched my shoes. We had a good laugh. I guess next time I'll take my own advice!

1 comment:

Gin said...

At least they weren't a black and a brown shoe. You are too funny!!!!