Friday, April 10, 2009

More About Me

Many of you may not know this fact about me: I am addicted to the written word. I love to read. I get lost in movies and books that display a poetic use of language. I am lost on words like "cyborg". As a result of my passion for reading, I love to write. I don't always have time to pen my words, but I cherish the moments that I do.
More than language, I love music, which many of my friends know. I am moved by all genres. One of my best memories from Troy was being with my friend David Dollar as we chronicled music, played music trivia, or just enjoyed songs together. Even in middle school, Dessie and I would exchange lyrics from songs as a way of brightening our days. My most favorite middle school memory is the day when the English class answered EVERY statement made by Mrs. Hamlin by breaking out in song. Even as I write this, La Isla Bonita by Madonna drifts from the nearby computer. It takes me back to days in the sixth grade when Tania and I used to hang out at her house.
Peace and Blessings this Easter Season.

No comments: