Today as Father Sexton spoke on families, I reflected on my own family and how much they mean to me. From my aging grandparents all the way down to my newborn grandson, my family is very important to me. I don't have enough time to spend with all of them the way I want to, but I cherish the times that I do spend with them. It made me smile yesterday when Mama Jo told me how much she appreciated the pictures I shared with her from my cellphone.
Though I long to receive the Eucharist, I still look forward to my blessing each week. The time of Holy Communion is so special to me. Sometimes I pray, sometimes I cry, and sometimes I watch. Today my eyes were opened to all sorts of things.
![]() |
| Holy Family pray for us. |
Then it was my turn to receive my blessing. It is important for me to genuflect when approaching the Blessed Sacrament, and this is a small feat for me because of my knees, but I rise to receive Deacon's hand on my head and the most sincere and heart-felt blessing ever that reaches down to my toes. I am overwhelmed with the love of the Holy Spirit, and the Hope of receiving Jesus again one day.
I look forward to being reunited with my friends and family who have passed on and meeting my heavenly family. I have much to ask Mary. I pray every day to be reunited with the Catholic Church.
The graces I receive at mass last me the whole week. The mercy that I pray for me fills my soul, and the love I receive I take home to share.

No comments:
Post a Comment