Monday, November 23, 2015

Manic Monday

Tball Mom has been quite busy lately. Longing to blog, I have had very little time. When your husband has ceased being the general, and his one goal in life is to "level-up" to exceed his son's high score, then there is much left for the manager to do. It has been a sore spot for me since November 6, when we made the over $500 purchase for the new gaming console, as if the two we already had were no longer good enough, and let any work that could be done on the driveway or the deck go by, as if they weren't important enough. 

 I have struggled daily to make peace with the return to gaming by celebrating an It is What it Is Thursday.  I opened a Twitter account so that I could make dry or humorous or clever remarks without playing 20 questions on Facebook.  I even joined the choir at church, which takes me away from home once a week. In between all my responsibilities,  I wish to pursue my flylady-like organization again, and have been using down-time to make that happen. In addition, I have picked up a trilogy and begun reading that.  In my quest for looking attractive again, I have vowed to lose at least ten pounds and then get a hair-cut...and then lose ten more pounds.

I wrote a really long and extensive blog whining about the return to the gaming lifestyle, but never published it, as it is what it is, and the world doesn't want to know every thought I have in my head on that topic.  But when asked what do I want for Christmas, I can't think of anything but deck rails, smooth gravel and well filters and a clean yard...too much to ask?  I would at least like to see deck rails up on the stairs before one of the children falls and gets hurt. Again.

Rejoining the choir has been wonderful. Not having sung in it since Erin was a twinkle in my eye, I have enjoyed coming back to some of the same faces from 11 years ago. I am struggling to find the same warmth that comes with the harmony that Stephanie and I once had, but I feel like it will come.  It is the one place I can go for one hour a week and feel like I am doing something right...even if I am messing up, Charmaine has a gentle way of telling me. :)

I feel jealous of my friend Jessica, who can go running after work. Her skin is tight on her face, and her figure looks great! I would love the same freedom; however, I know she longs for children...so the balance is there. I had Mr. Jacks hook up the kinect, and the girls and I take some time each day for exercise.  The road is slow, and I have not lost much weight, but the potential is there, and as soon as I find time to balance my entire day, I will be well on my way!

So much more to say. Would love to go into the end of the Church liturgical year and the beginning of a new one. Would love to talk about Fly-lady. Would love to mention how my grandparents are moving after 45 years, and maybe I can come back to all of these...I just had to clear the junk out of my head before I moved on.

Happy Monday. May the Peace of the Lord be with you today and always.

No comments: