Wednesday, September 16, 2015

Because I can

So I am blogging mostly today because I can. I was hoping for a second to eat breakfast this morning in the Oak Tavern that is downstairs. A beautiful room. I was hoping for pictures to share today. But alas...

This morning as I was getting ready to go to my class, I was reminded of Shack Dorm. I was putting on my make-up to the sound of others taking showers in the rooms nearby. The television that was turned off at midnight was on again this morning with the morning news.  I took my coffee on the patio and had a moment with the peace and the sunrise.  Then it was on to my class.

This place is huge as a college campus would be. While I am in the same building, I had to go down two levels and outside just to get to my classroom. Upon entering I am handed a large binder the size of a college level biology book. My mind was blown with the amount of information I took in by lunch so much to the fact that I grabbed a bite to eat and came back to my room to take it on the balcony.

After this afternoon's class I returned to my room to digest the information I had been exposed to all day. I ran out and grabbed a bite to eat at Jim N Nicks and brought it back to my "dorm" room again this evening.  I took a shower and am sitting in my pjs stealing a moment to blog before the prime time Republican Presidential Debate, which starts momentarily.

I have been looking forward to this debate all week, and after it is over, I may have something else to say....hang on to your hats on that! Otherwise, you can find me on the patio in the night breeze, going over my notes for the day, or reading my novel that I brought with me.

Tomorrow night's plan is to cram for the exam that will be given on Friday.  Sound just like college, doesn't it??


No comments: