Ask and you shall receive. Since my last post I have not shed one pound or built one muscle or stretched one ligament. I have been busy. Living.With my new job, walking time just never seems to come. I am the boss's right hand. I am on the constant go with projects and my own work. My alarm is set twice a week for walking appointments, but I never make them. I do wonder some times if I am doing a good job as a supervisor. I am constantly busy and don't seem to have time to "supervise." And sometimes I think I should be doing that. With our yearly office staff meeting coming up next week and both projects coming to a head in the next two months, I hope I can maintain my dignity, integrity, and sanity. I hope I can LEAD my clerks by my example. I hope I can lead by my attitude. I hope I can be the person my boss thought I could be. And so I have added things to my life to bring forth a center of focus...and you know, it has worked. My blood pressure does not nearly get as high as it used to. I don't sweat the small stuff.
I have a lot of things I can thank for my new inner peace...I wish ten pounds lighter was one of them. For one, I have the Prayer of Saint Francis hanging on my board at work. My Catholic friend Stacey Hill is the one I can thank for that. In her cubical at work, she displays a rosary, a Terrible Towel, and some University of Alabama paraphernalia. I got to thinking... more peaceful... more encouraging... I have a rosary. I would love a Terrible Towel. I have the Auburn stuff. I have the pics of my kids...Then at mass the homily dealt with being instruments of peace in the world and reaching out to others...where else but in my job as a supervisor should I be an instrument of peace? When a customer tells you he is going to "go postal" because something didn't work out his way, then it is time to be the instrument.
I have found a girlfriend. After 3 years, I have finally found someone who is female that I can talk to. Brittany is a wonderful friend and a great listener. She has in a sense saved me. My husband is wonderful, but it is a lot of pressure to be a woman's best and only friend. Brittany and I can put on dresses and make-up and talk about girl stuff and go to concerts and lounge in the pool. We can go eat Mexican at lunch and drink margaritas. Being her friend has made me appreciate my marriage even more, and I think even JJ appreciates what we have between us more than he used to as well.I have been finding time to read books, take hot baths, pray the rosary. I am still teaching first graders in Catholic Catechism, which I think is an extremely important class. And this week, wait for it...
I am in Prattville at the Mariott that overlooks the Robert Trent Jones Golf Trail. It is so beautiful here. I am staying in the Lodge. Every room in the building is beautiful...since I like that rustic look, I really enjoy this scenery. While I haven't lost any weight or exercised prior to coming here, I am making it my mission to hit the little gym they have here for at least one hour every night. The boss sent me here for a Titles Class. I will be here for three nights. There is an exam on Friday, so it is kind of like attending college. The last time I did this it was on JSU's Fort McClellan campus, and I went home every night.I am hoping to sharpen my mind while I am here, sharpen my inner peace (the saw, as they say in the 7 habits in Meghan's class and sh
arpen my body... I am working toward this bikini, you see. Oh the things we do!
This place is perfect for a retreat. I am hoping that JJ and I can come back here on a couples
weekend. Brittany would also love it. There are so many stores and shops and eateries nearby, thought that I would love it...as would my credit card. Too bad I don't play golf! I do wish I had someone here to drink coffee with in the morning or LimeARitas with in the evening. I have the perfect place for it!Ah well, while I am here, I am going to do the things I can't do when I have mommysponsibilities. And one of those is blog. I had said it was an interesting twist that I am the one out of town and JJ is the one at home with the kids. He admitted to me tonight that it is a "job" to get everyone to do what they needed before bedtime..,and tomorrow he works in Tuscaloosa... long hour day. We will both learn something this week, I guess. And since I am the one on the road and in a strange place for so long, I brought some comforts. Mainly my blanket, like Linus; the picture of me and JJ that sits on my nightstand and my Scentsy warmer, so that my room can smell like home.

No comments:
Post a Comment