Thursday, June 25, 2015

My two cents..for adult reading only....there is passion in here

I don't use my facebook page for politics.  I usually voice my opinions about things right here on my personal page, and even more usually, I don't say anything at all about current issues in the news or media.

But in light of the debate over the Confederate Flag and Racism and Oppression of the black community, I finally have to weigh in. My friend Misty beat me to the punch when she said, "My opinion is if you are going to take down one part of history, let's take down all of history! Everything. Let's be fair on both sides....just because you take things down is not going to change CRAZY people!!"

Misty is right.  I have watched the debate over whether or not the Confederate flag should be removed from State Capitol buildings in Southern States like Alabama and South Carolina. I have kept my peace about the whole situation. I have seen the truth in both sides of the argument.  Inside I think that if the flag didn't bother a group of people for the last 150 years, then it shouldn't bother them now. If it was that important, they would have fought to have it removed again and again for 150 years.  I also see the side of the story that equates the Flag with the Nazi symbol. That flag was banned in Germany years ago. The flag represented a group of people who sought to annihilate a whole race of folks based on  eye color, hair color, religion, etc.

The Confederate flag does not represent a group of people that want to annihilate anyone.

So, it shouldn't belong on a State facility. It doesn't represent all the population of the state.  Ok. So take it down.  But VOTE ON IT!!!!

The flag did not kill those people in South Carolina. A boy did. An evil boy who sat with a room full of people in prayer before he opened fire on them and reloaded five times.

So, no I don't think it should be mandated that Amazon should stop selling items with the Rebel Flag on them, and no, I don't think the General Lee should have the Rebel Flag removed from it...the show is 40 years old for crying out loud.

NO, I don't think that you should tell my husband that he can't wear a Rebel Flag t-shirt or a bandanna or a belt buckle.

BUT IF YOU DO.... please feel free to take your blue handkerchief, or your red one, out of your pocket.  Be SURE to pick your damn pants up off the GROUND!!!!  It offends me to see your ass hanging out of your pants and your waistline around your knees. It offends me that you can't cross the the street without picking your pants up and holding them....

And I am not even talking about all black people, am I???

Think about it.  I am not racist. I am offended by things people do, but I know they don't represent a whole race of people.

I love history. History happened. Some of it is good, and some of it is bad. When a member of Isis displays a picture of the Twin Towers on fire, I KNOW he is reveling in the destruction that his faction caused to America.  When a Southerner flies the Confederate Flag, he doesn't think about the annihilation of black people, he thinks of his ancestors who believed in fighting to preserve their land.

You can't UNDO history.  So when I see on the news that  someone thinks that the 1939 classic film Gone with the Wind should be removed from the store front or from the Amazon movie list, or that the book should be banned because it represents a time of oppression for blacks....I have this to say....

REMOVE THIS MOVIE......



In all fairness, Roots depicts an African man being stolen from his home-land and brought on a slave ship to the Americas to live and work as a slave.  Why shouldn't it be removed?  An argument might be that the story tells the struggle of Alex Haley's ancestors as they came up during such a hard time, and how the family line continued for generations. How they struggled through and overcame oppression.

Be fair.  In Gone with the Wind, there is slavery also.  but the story is not about slavery.  The story is about the struggle of a woman who overcomes the oppression she and other Southern women faced when their husbands were off at war.  There were slaves, yes, but the slaves were treated with kindness, and the relationship between land-owner and slave was one of a partnership.  And the slaves were freed by the Emancipation Proclamation.  And history played out.

And it was history. And history happened. The good, the bad, and the ugly. I suppose we will need to remove Schindler's List from shelves after this is over.

WAKE UP MERICA!!!!  The government does not want you to know what is going on why you argue over history.  The government does not want you to see your future....and ISIS is waiting to take this country over while we are too weak to stand together.

A nation divided cannot stand. If we don't get it in our heads that we are all AMERICANS then America will cease to exist before long. Especially if we can't band together like we did after the last terrorist attacks...how about we get OUR SHIT STRAIGHT before the NEXT one!!

1 comment:

Denise Towe said...

Couldn't agree more!