Do you believe that God is engineering every path in your life? He is the author of all creation. In His perfect timing I was in the right place at the right time, just as I needed to be: a Sunday school class for ladies in their 70s and 80s, on the Sunday, the day before I began training our new employee.
Joshua 1:1-6
Accept your leadership role. Do not let stress and uncertainty keep you from your duty. Do not let doubt and fear control how you respond to the task that lies ahead.
verse 1> Moses has died. Now God passes on the torch to Joshua.
verse5>He promises Joshua he will not leave him, nor forsake him.
verse6>Tells Joshua to be courageous and be strong.
Marissa and Jamye from my office let fear of the unknown hold them back from accepting a new position at work...my old position. They lacked the ability to see Barry's "vision" for the way he wanted the office to run. Jessica accepted the position but with fear and doubt. She grows in confidence each day, but her the doubt in her ability is still there. Because Barry had vision for my role in the office, I moved into my new position with confidence, as Joshua took on his new role as leader with confidence.
I will not leave you, nor forsake you is a promise that JJ and I made to each other. He vowed never to marry again after his 16 year marriage fell apart. Loving him like Jesus does, I promised to always be with him. Despite our rocky past, I trust God to guide me. I do not let fear, stress, or uncertainty keep my from my duty. I am strong and courageous...I do right.
Joshua 1:7-8
verse 7> Be strong and courageous ( a reminder) and carefully observe the whole instruction. Do not turn from it to the right or to the left.
verse 8> You are to recite it (the instruction) day and night so that you may carefully observe everything in it.
Recite: meditate
I hit the nail on the head when I said Catholics cornered the market on this meditation thing. As early as in the life of Joshua, God instructed his people to meditate on His word so they may carefully observe the instruction and prosper (accomplish God's goal).
When we meditate on the Word, we do not worry about the goal, we focus our energies on taking one step at a time.
In leading our new trainee, Christi, I handed her a Book of Instruction. I instructed her to study the book, and we go over things in the book every day as she learns her new job. I allow her time to practice what she has learned and we go back and study some more when she makes a mistake.
Our goal is for her to be a trained tag clerk, and while she won't learn the whole job in a week, she will be confident and courageous enough to work on her own without a trainer at her side. The same is with our own lives.
We may not completely comprehend God's plan, but we can meditate on His word daily, and we will be able to remain courageous and complete the tasks set before us. We can't see the plan, but we have faith in its author.
They call it "putting on the full armor of God" for a reason. Yesterday I was not able to have my moment with God's word, and I felt naked and unprepared.
v. 8) You are to recite it day and night. The rosary, based on scripture, is a prayer that can be recited to clear our minds of the stuff of the day so that we can focus on God's promises. With our minds on the Word of God, we can stay focused on our responsibilities and carry them out to the end.
verse>9 Do not be afraid or discouraged, for the Lord is with you wherever you go.
I think that God knows Joshua's humanity. If you have ever seen The Ten Commandments, Joshua is portrayed as brave and heroic, yet God knows his humanity. In the instances that lead up to Joshua's leadership after the death of Moses, Joshua is one of the only two who think that the Promised Land can be taken from its current residents. Yet, God knows he could grow discouraged at some point, and He feels compelled to encourage Joshua promising him to always be with him.
In the same manner that I have a leadership role in my office, I also have a leadership role in my own family, as the home manager.
Come Holy Spirit, speak to me daily through the word of God
that I may lead my family closer to Christ. Amen.
No comments:
Post a Comment