Monday, August 4, 2014

Get them off and running

This weekend has been fun for me. I won't say we got a lot accomplished. I won't say we wasted any time. The tractor was a bust but we began laying the gravel for the parking area aat the end of our drive. We got the laundry done and the kitchen clean. There are still storage bins everywhere but AJ has school clothes...he was the only hold out. Isis practiced driving, and somewhere among it all we slept in and watched awful science fiction suspense thrillers like Sharknado.

Tonight was good in that we had a return to school celebration at Americas dinner table...Cracker Barrell. We all sat at a large round table big enough to seat everyone. There was no tv, and we actually talked to each other.

Tomorrow AJ goes in for a root canal, Thursday JJ goes in for his own oral surgey and all the kids go back to school. While I hope the bins are finally put away and the tractor rental goes better, I look foward to leisurely weekends where we can spend time shopping at the mall with the kids or visiting a movie. I guess we plug at it one day at time, but for now the goal is to get them off and running

No comments: