.....and in there....and over there....and in here....
As I sit on my deck in the peaceful, finally cool enough, Alabama summer weather, I gaze out at the jungle that once was my front yard...and before that my hunting honey spot. Just this past winter my husband and I, then engaged, hunted this very property for deer. Our tree stand is over to the right of the clearing of land just behind the spot where his house stood before the fire destroyed it all.
The game camera showed several deer, buck and doe, come to partake of the foilage near the apple tree. One of these deer he was able to take to provide meat for our freezer in January. The rest still come by to visit, now in velvet, along with a family of turkeys and a couple of rabbits. We didn't know the deer were still here until the day I walked out on the porch and heard something run off that was bigger than a rabbit with more legs than a turkey.
Although we are off the road in a private setting I love it here. It is very peaceful amongst the trees...and weeds...and ticks and bugs. I wouldn't have it any other way. One day this will be the landscape of our dreams. We have a name that we already call our home. Stone Ridge is the name we give it because the property sits on a slate rock. Don't ask me how we are able to dig a well up here and draw water from it but we can. Ridge is because of the ridge line we look over in the winter to see the deer walk through the yard.
The game camera showed several deer, buck and doe, come to partake of the foilage near the apple tree. One of these deer he was able to take to provide meat for our freezer in January. The rest still come by to visit, now in velvet, along with a family of turkeys and a couple of rabbits. We didn't know the deer were still here until the day I walked out on the porch and heard something run off that was bigger than a rabbit with more legs than a turkey.
Although we are off the road in a private setting I love it here. It is very peaceful amongst the trees...and weeds...and ticks and bugs. I wouldn't have it any other way. One day this will be the landscape of our dreams. We have a name that we already call our home. Stone Ridge is the name we give it because the property sits on a slate rock. Don't ask me how we are able to dig a well up here and draw water from it but we can. Ridge is because of the ridge line we look over in the winter to see the deer walk through the yard.
No comments:
Post a Comment