
The journey is long. The road is bumpy. The travelers get weary. In my years before JJ, I was married twice, but I always felt alone. There never seemed to be anyone who would help me along the way. Whatever hardships I faced, I faced them alone. Even after having children, I operated as a single parent. Ballgames, night routines, grocery shopping, etc. I knew I would remarry; it didn't matter the circumstances. I knew that when, not if, my husband and I split, I would remarry again.
I came to the realization this week that I am done.
JJ and I are unique in that we do everything together. Even from two different towns which are 50 miles apart, we are involved in every aspect of each other's lives. Even when he is working out of town in another state, we are there for each other. We speak frequently during the day. He checks in to the home office, and I report the General the news from the home-front. Nightmares are chased away by phone calls in the night. The road is not long with him on my team and by my side.
JJ is so cooperative. Where past experience has had me pull teeth to get information, the present new experience is like a dream. I am surprised at the ease in which we communicate. We all have days where we just don't want to talk to anyone, but we always seem to make an exception and get the work done when it comes to each other.
The situation approached us in which we had the conversation about what each of us would do in the event that we didn't have one another, especially due to circumstances beyond our control. We both agree.
This is my last. After waiting all my life to find the kind of bond that I have now, I would not be able to start again; he seconds my opinion...actually, it was his statement first. We both feel that we have a duty to honor each other by building the future of our family, even after one of us has gone on. Neither of us could imagine a life similar to what we have now with any other.
Personally I dread the day when either of us leaves the earth, but our goal is to reunite with our whole family in heaven. In the meanwhile, the journey does not seem so long. I am almost 40 now, and I know I have just about lived half my life. I treasure the time God has blessed me with JJ and his family. I thank each of them for what they have meant to me and my children over the last year.
Our motto is "for life and longer". We will each continue to love each other long after we have departed from each other as the good Lord deems.

No comments:
Post a Comment