Tuesday, September 3, 2013

Life Lessons

JJ and I learned a good lesson this weekend. We learned that loving each other unconditionally means loving each other when we are bent over with old age, bald or gray, or with all of our teeth gone from our heads.
It even means loving each other if one of us picks a hairstyle the other one doesn't like. :)
I will cut my hair from time to time, and I probably cut it too short at times.  Sometimes I don't get it cut often enough, and I just throw it back into a ponytail.  And JJ will tell me the look is not flattering, and he will love me despite my appearance. So the other day when he cut his hair to most closely resemble Moe of the Three Stooges, I had to tell him how it didn't look good...I owed it to him. But fear that he would lose me over a hairstyle should never be a factor. He says he is in a transitional phase on his way to a hairstyle he wore once before...and he promises  I will love it. He made a deal with me that if I let him grow his style, he promises that I will love it, and if I don't, he promises to lose it. I made the deal with him and told him he had a win-win situation because either way, he's stuck with me forever.  By the next morning, he had shaved his head again into a more flattering style...

And while he is still going on to that new hairstyle, he is doing it a little more gradually, and who knows? I may end up liking the different looks along the way. :)

It is the compromises that we make to make each other happy that make the best relationships.


No comments: