Tuesday, March 15, 2011

Giving up 7

"What are you going to give up for Lent?" people will ask me. I'm going to give up 7 pounds. Why seven, you wonder. Seven is a lucky number? We want 7s in Vegas? Everything in the Bible happens in sevens? NO! But those are good reasons.

I have lost 8 pounds up to this point. Last year I posted that I would Feel Good Naked by the end of the year. I had a few setbacks. Who wouldn't? Who wants to give up and do without just to shed a few pounds? Didn't I mention earlier that I have high blood pressure and diabetes? My wake up call was when I no longer wanted my picture to be taken. When my picture was taken, my head was the size of a beach ball! I was sick of it!!!

I tried the Fluidity Bar for a while then, but with no motivation, who can stick with it? That constant cycle...need to get off the couch, but don't feel like it...don't feel like because I weigh too much...weigh too much because I want get off the couch.

I joked at the end of the year about taking the Special K challenge. I am not a calorie counter. I hate weighing my food. Special K looked easy enough...eat their cereal for breakfast, eat their bar for lunch, eat what you want for dinner. Drink what you normally do. Too good to be true, right?

How easy it was for me to get on board! How freeing it was to not have to use half my lunch hour for finding something to eat, paying for it and eating it! I just grabbed a bar and ate while I drove to the place where I walked a mile. How liberating!!!

The best part was the cost. Most people join clubs or pay doctors for what they use. I can stick to my daily routine, and I don't have to shell out any extra money. The food I purhcase at Wal-Mart...and it tastes good.

When I need to go out, I can use the healthy menu choices. If I felt like I over did it one day, I can ramp up my exercise. Zumba anyone?

My total weight loss goal is 20 by June. By the end of Lent, I should be at 15!!! By the end of the year, I will definitely FEEL GOOD NAKED!!!

No comments: