Wednesday, May 4, 2011

AFTER THE RAIN

Alot has happened after the storm of 2011. I have a lot to be thankful for. I feeled blessed and highly favored, as they say.

I was able to receive Holy Communion on Divine Mercy Sunday. When the priest presented me with the body of Christ, it was if he was saying, This is your special day!!" I look forward to being able to do this again on a regular basis. My daughters, of course, were asking, "Mommy, why are you crying?"

And I have cried a lot in the last week. Touching tears, tears of joy, tears of sadness. We have good people living in my community. I'm sure there are good people in yours as well. I have never wanted to pull my car over and salute the Power Company trucks as they drove by as much as I wanted to salute them in the last week. People have rolled their sleeves up and come together in such a way.

I fear God is preparing us for a greater need for community living in the years to come. He wants us to move past all the hatred, bigotry, prejudice, busy-ness, selfishness, hoarding and HELP OUR FELLOW MAN. Jesus said give a man the shirt off your back, if he asks for it. This is our time to do that. We are coming together as a community and depending on each other at this time now, and I feel that there will come a time, when all we have is each other...no government bailouts, no wellfare.

Man I wish I knew how to sew!!! I know my mom has tried to show me, but I have yet to have the patience for the craft.

Whatever lesson you draw from this terrible time, remember that God is in control of it always!!!

I had a book on daily blessings. Each day of the month, there is a new reflection and Bible verse. I found this book and flipped it open to April 27, just to see what it said. "God is in sovereign control." It went on to say that God is in control when you are standing there scratching your head wondering what in the world you are going to do next, he is in control. And I thought of my neighbors who have lost everything, of the 27 kids in our school who lost their homes, of the jobs that were lost, the lives that were lost. I think of those trying to pick up the pieces. I think of those trying to help pick up the pieces.

And I remember God is good all the time. God is always on HIS throne. I am blessed and highly favored, and I love you all! Peace and God's blessings be with you always.

1 comment:

BASSakward Tales said...

I admire you so much that you got out there and helped. I really struggeld not being able to help as I was on my way to SC. You are an amazing person who we can learn lots from. I love you!