Monday, July 6, 2009

SWING, PING, EMERGENCY ROOM...

...ALMOST

K98, a local radio station has thing where they ask their callers to describe their weekend in three words. No other description can be given. Well, I am not on K98 at this moment, but if I were these would be my three words: swing, ping, emergency room. And because I am not on the radio, I can explain why.

In celebration of the holiday, we bought a new sprinkler toy. Water shoots out the sides and the top, so it looks like a big display of fireworks. The neat thing is how the ball shoots up in the spout of water and dances there for a while. This is awesome if you are a t-ball player. You can play in the water in your bathing suit, keeping cool on a hot day, while getting in a little practice.

Then Erin swung the bat, and all I hear was PIIIING. The next thing I heard was Meghan screaming...she was laid out flat on her back with a great big goose egg forming on her forehead! Some peas and a "bleed out" later, her knot had gone down and she was putting puzzles together.

I was hoping for some personality-altering effect, you know like that she was not as stubborn, or that she acted more like me, instead of Kevin, but alas. She is just as mean as ever! Thank goodness!

1 comment:

BASSakward Tales said...

that is precious...i love it...the first of many i am sure