This weekend was the FIRST ANNUAL GIRLFRIENDS' WEEKEND. Katherine and I stayed at Shelton Shores Resort and Spa located on the beautiful Coosa River. Our trip was too short and we have definite plans to do it again.
One day when we are rich and famous, we may go to the beach, but with fun like this, who needs the beach?
One day when we are rich and famous, we may go to the beach, but with fun like this, who needs the beach? On Friday, our weekend began with dinner at Lakewood Grille. You can find this restaurant on facebook, and I have a review about it on my page. I am sad to say I don't have any pictures
from this restaurant, but this is a beauty you have to see for yourself. It is located on I-20 in Pell City, and it is wonderful! The food is top-notch and the prices are affordable. Ask for Cindy, she was our server, and she made the experience wonderful. If you have any problems, the manager is Linda and the owner is Casey. You won't have any problems. Tell them you saw them on facebook or my blog. Enjoy it!
from this restaurant, but this is a beauty you have to see for yourself. It is located on I-20 in Pell City, and it is wonderful! The food is top-notch and the prices are affordable. Ask for Cindy, she was our server, and she made the experience wonderful. If you have any problems, the manager is Linda and the owner is Casey. You won't have any problems. Tell them you saw them on facebook or my blog. Enjoy it!Saturday was packed. For breakfast, cheese-steak omelettes. Pedicures on the deck and swimming at the Pointe of it All while watching the Braves game and eating smoked sausage. We traveled in the pontoon boat down
Choccolocco Creek. The cranes sat on the shore line guarding their enchanted land much like statuesque centurions of an ancient city. Our driver, Billy, said that we wouldn't be able to take
the creek all the way to Cheaha Mountain, as the way was too rocky. Later we took the dog out for a ride on the SEA DOO!!! She did great!!!
Choccolocco Creek. The cranes sat on the shore line guarding their enchanted land much like statuesque centurions of an ancient city. Our driver, Billy, said that we wouldn't be able to take
the creek all the way to Cheaha Mountain, as the way was too rocky. Later we took the dog out for a ride on the SEA DOO!!! She did great!!!We took a trip to Mexico Lindo for dinner on Saturday night. All the friends were there, except for Carlos. It was Katherine's birthday, and I had the guys totally embarass her with the birthday song and sombrero.
They did a wonderful job. Dinner was fabulous, and I topped it off with a fresh cup of Columbian coffee. AAAAHHHHH.
They did a wonderful job. Dinner was fabulous, and I topped it off with a fresh cup of Columbian coffee. AAAAHHHHH.Sunday, on the deck, we decided that we needed to DO something (as if we haven't already!). The lady next door left her kayaks in her yard....oops!
We took them for a trip around the cove. It was extremely hard work, but we loved it! It was so much fun.
We took them for a trip around the cove. It was extremely hard work, but we loved it! It was so much fun.We pampered ourselves, lounged, and played. The best part of it was that we didn't have to cook one meal, listen to any whining (but our own) and we got to do whatever we wanted. For once I wasn't defined as someone else's wife or mother, I was ME. I was a kid again. I LOVED IT!

1 comment:
Sounds like you had a good time. I really enjoyed my girls weekend at the beach earlier this month. It does good for the whole family for mom/wife to be away for a few days.
Post a Comment