Wednesday, March 16, 2016

TAKING CONTROL OF MY CHAOS...sometimes I cheat

I admit it.  No one is perfect. Neither am I.  Last week was a complete disaster as far as living the Fly Lady way.  Erin had a friend's mom to come pick her up Friday for a spend-the-night, and I was mortified by what she saw!  She said the house was wonderful, that she lived in an apartment and had way less space than I did, etc.  Very kind. But the whole point of Fly Lady is to not be embarrassed when you have drop-in company.  And Rome Was Not Built in a Day. ( see other post that I borrowed from Fly Lady's website)

There are times when you will get behind, but as she says with Zones every week...just jump in where we are!  Now I might not always keep the same Zone schedule, I try to get close to it.  I decided that this month was a wash, I was going to damage control until the end of the month, and then jump in with Zone 1 on the first week of April.

I began on Saturday by setting a timer and working in my kitchen. I had planned for one hour, but I think I worked in the kitchen two and in the rest of the back forty of the house for one extra hour. I still managed to be able to leave and take my daughter shopping for a bathing suit, and I came back to controlled chaos, but I stayed on top of it.

By tonight, Wednesday, my kitchen sink is shiny, and my laundry is caught up to where it should be during the week. I have adhered to my morning routine each day, and I am working my weekly flight plan around the ball schedule and doctor's appointments.  I do admit to taking today off work to help accomplish the goal...there are just so many hours in the day...and my daughters both had appointments this afternoon. I call it "mental health day".  The days I leave my materials in the launch pad, I remember to take everything with me, and my coffee is made for me each morning.

I look forward to Friday evening when I can do my house blessing.  I will actually have time Saturday to take the kids to a ballgame!  I have introduced Fly Lady to them in small ways, so that they will be ready to enjoy some time too!

I am so glad things are back on track.  I look forward to sharing how the Zone Systems go or how the House Blessing goes...this is the first opportunity I have had to write in some time. This is truly the only thing I have that is just for me. I know I have about two readers, and I appreciate them, but I do this for me, and I hope they enjoy it from time to time.

Peace and Blessings and HAPPY SAINT PATRICK'S DAY TO YE!

No comments: