Tuesday, September 16, 2014

Obtaining Balance

August 24 2014

So, despite the fact that we had a bon-fire again last night, I am up and vowing to wake the children in a bit to get ready for church. My time of reflection last week caused me to desire a fresh start to motherhood. With two younger ones and two teenagers, I am in new territory, but it seems to me that rules have not changed. If you don't give them standards, guidelines, or rules then they will act as if they don't have any boundaries. I made the commitment last week to insist that my kids go to church every weekend. It was a promise I made to God to raise them in the Faith. I should be following through with that promise. That promise extends to my niece, as well.
Isis, at 16, has learned a lot of her lessons the hard way. Sometimes these lessons have cost her or have gotten her into trouble. A few weeks ago she made another poor judgment call that last week she was still experiencing the fallback from.  She needs a little guidance. this week I have expected more of Isis. she works for me as my babysitter, and while I didn't impose any work on her more than she was paid to do, I did begin enforcing a bedtime, a study time, and also a Bible time. The Bible time is simply to read the Book of John and the Book of Acts. I want her to obtain a background for a study guide I will alter hand her on the life of the apostle Paul, which I borrowed from church.
We are having to find a time for balance as we are also reading Huckleberry Finn together as an assignment for her school work. In addition to which, I have asked her to incorporate the Our Father and asking St. Michael for assistance each day for her protection from evil that seems to follow her. We balance all these lessons among caring for the two younger siblings, driving practice and cooking lessons.
The work is hard. Sometimes I get tired. At times I need a me minute. Erin needs me. Meghan needs me. Isis needs me. I feel like I am parent all by myself, but I am in a good relationship, for any of its shortcomings, and I am happy on the overall. Adding prayer in our lives is adding balance.


~~A day hemmed in prayer rarely unravels.

No comments: