From March 2014
The next few weeks are going to be fun for the Jacks family. Upon pending approval from the lender, JJ will have to rent a backhoe to excavate the driveway. We will all have to do a clean-up of the immediate property where the house will be placed. Trees and limbs will have to be cleared. Boxes will have to be packed. Storage units will have to be cleaned out. Water, sewage, electricity. The list goes on.
But we look forward to it. A home where we can raise our family. A place to share our Christian love with God, each other and our children. We have been praying for this for almost a year now.
I lay in my bed at night and place things in the kitchen where I want them. I roll washcloths to place on the shelves in the bathroom. I think about what kind of rug I want to use, and what color. I imagine tea-light candles in the bathroom in matching glass containers. I know this is not a good use of my imagination. I should be mentally packing boxes and removing items from the storage units. I should be deciding what we can get rid of and what we have to keep. I shouldn’t do these things mentally, I should be doing them physically, and yet we have a current life to live. It seems that some part of our lives will have to be put on hold while we begin the new part of our lives.
Why the rush? Why don’t we just wait until later? Later would be the summer where at least we wouldn’t have school, but I would still have a full day of work each day. JJ would be working out of town most days or until late at night. With the kind of job he has, now is the time. And although we have church school and first communion class and Kids’ Market and softball, we have to make the most of every moment.
Currently I have boxes in my living room waiting to be moved out. This week we are going to downsize the girls’ bedroom as much as possible. Next week, my room. The kitchen and the bathrooms will get done at the last possible minute. Then there is the cleaning that will have to be done. YIKES!
It is hard for me to justify working on days like today when I have probably waited on 20 people all day long. I have so much to do at home. I have so little time to do it. And right now, I have nothing but time as we wait on the lender to call.
For funsies I went to a Thrift Store on my lunch break. I was looking for a specific picture to hang on the wall in the new house. One of the foundations of our relationship has been 1 Corinthians 13.
Love is patient.
Love is kind, and is not jealous.
Love does not brag and is not arrogant,
Love does not act unbecomingly;
It does not seek its own, is not provoked,
Does not take into account wrong suffered,
Does not rejoice in righteousness;
Bears all things,
Life is like a box of chocolates... you never know what you are going to get next (Forrest Gump)... and in my case, sometimes you like it and sometimes you don't.
Sunday, June 22, 2014
A home where we can raise our family
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment