In your life people come and go. You sometimes are surprised at the ones who come around after 24 years. Sometimes you are holding the door open for others to go. This last year I have added on a whole new family, and regardless of the thought processes of others, they remain part of my family. One such new addition to my family is a young girl named CJ --she doesn't go by that, but it is what she will be here.
CJ is in high school, but she is very mature for her age. I'm not sure what makes her that way, but she is more grounded than most kids I know at that age.
She is so much fun to be around. She opens up and talks to me. She doesn't treat me like an old lady, but she listens to me when I talk like I was EF Hutton. Every once in a while she asks my opinion. She makes her own decisions, but she ways out all the options before she does...so smart!
On one family outing we made recently we took CJ with us. She had such a blast! Despite her youth, she and I have similar things in common, such as music. She had made the comment that she wanted to go ice skating. I told her I knew of a place, and before I knew it we were arranging a date to go. She upheld her end of the bargain, and I upheld mine. We took the kids and my sister and her kids and had a blast gliding, however not so gracefully, around on the ice to great 80s music. Certain songs would come on and we would sing and dance as best we could on the blades of steel that threatened to wind us both up in ankle casts! Certain songs had been on the soundtrack of our summer and they brought back so many good memories for us both.
We lived to tell about our trip, and we look forward to our next one. It is such a joy to have CJ as part of our family. We all wish we could spend more time with her!
![]() |
| MJ ER AND CJ 2012 |


1 comment:
I love reading your posts. They are so descriptive that wiI feel like I am right there with you. I wish we did not live so far away. I miss you!
Post a Comment