Mama always said you could tell a lot about a person by they shoes…where they goin’, where they been. ~~ Forrest Gump
My shoes over the last three months have looked run over by a MACK truck.
Dirty, tired, worn out, used, sad.
Then on my shoes there are these little silver things that shimmer in the light.
The girls and I have been through a lot. We uprooted and moved, not knowing right away how we would get where we were going. In mid-April we left with the plan of going to a safe house to get away from the abusive situation we were living in. I have stated before how my husband at the time would be paranoid and controlling. The short of it was that I was tired of walking on eggshells. It has been said that he made me pay for everything his first wife ever did to him…I believe that.
In earlier posts I mentioned how God open windows and doors for us. We found an apartment in a near-by town that has a lot to offer us. We don’t exactly fit in here, but it is a good enough place for us to take a year off and try to refocus our direction.
While we have been here, we have made friends and enemies. We have renewed relationships with old friends. The freedom to go as we pleased without fear of condemnation was liberating. We have travelled a lot statewide to visit relatives without worrying about receiving the third degree.
One thing I had asked God to do was open my eyes and show me the signs that I needed to see to save me from my current situation. God showed me in His own magic way the way that true gentlemen treat women. He showed me how friends should treat each other, and He reminded me that I wanted friendship in my marriage…and that I didn’t have it. He used wonderful people to teach me these lessons, and He showed me in His own magic way that these people were only being used for that purpose…so to protect my heart from being broken.
When we moved, my friends…the ones I have always been able to count on – Shaye, Gin, Stephanie, Jason…and the new ones I could trust because of their calling to serve and protect – Randy from church and also the Sheriff’s Department—came to my rescue. In the weeks to come Jason allowed God to use him to fill the void that would have caused loneliness. I had fun for the first time in eight years…and I did it while being a mom and holding a job and doing all the adult things that were asked of me.
On the divorce front, the courts were DRAGGING out the process. Or Kevin was, I don’t know which exactly. He balked at nothing until we got down to the meat and potatoes of the divorce – child support and visitation. This new fight with him through our lawyers took its toll on me. I would have become bitter and angry, were it not for the new Angel that God sent to my life.
No comments:
Post a Comment