January 27, 2012 0530
I sit here at the computer morning after morning trying to think of something to say. I know what I want to say, part of which my be deemed inappropriate and part of which might be too much information.
I have struggled some since my last post about my doctor’s appointment. The prescription he gave me has helped hold myself together as I try to focus on the daily rigors of life. If I were tested and scored right now I would qualify as severely adult attention deficit disorder. Things pull me from one direction to another on a daily basis. Where I think I am one place in my routine, I quickly get sucked into another. It is a wonder that I can get any work done in 8 hours at the office, and despite the things that pop up in the office at a moment’s notice, I can pretty well manage to stay together and organized.
When I get home it is a different story altogether. I am the mom and the dad, the referee, the chef, the maid, the launderer, the butler, the driver, the errand girl, the wife (and all that implies), the nurse, the basketball coach, the social director, the spiritual director, a teacher, the entertainment committee, the financial director, the professional planner, the organizer, and sergeant at arms…or disciplinarian. You wonder why I might drop the ball from time to time. You would think my “helpmate” would pick up the ball and dribble it for a while, if not at least score a few points….when I get him in the game I will let him know that he has a job to do… but shouldn’t he be in the game by now? (Switching analogies here) Shouldn’t we be able to tag –out once in a while? We do tag-out, but it is mostly at his convenience. (And wouldn’t you know that I came home to a clean house??? I did thank him for his effort…I know it won’t last, but I enjoyed it. I even pitched in and mopped the floor in the living room, which requires hands and knees action since the Swiffer was taken apart my by inquisitive six year-old.)
That being said, let me move on to something I want to write about. Now maybe I can get some thoughts out since the trash has been taken to the curb.
No comments:
Post a Comment