Obviously if I was worried about what others think, I could be a paragon in society by now. Actually, I care a lot about what others think, if I know them and value their opinion. For example, I want my boss to think highly of me, and my family, especially my grandparents. I don't always reach everyone's expectations, and I make mistakes. I am not perfect.
One thing that burns my biscuits is when some random person tells me how to raise my children. I am not a perfect mother by any means. I could use a lot of advice on raising kids. I could use Nanny 911 from time to time. The fact is that if I don't know you, I don't care what you think, so don't bother telling me your opinion.
Yesterday a woman at church said to me with that look that my grandmother gives me when I am doing something wrong that my five year old is getting to big to be carried. She is five, but she is light as a feather. I don't carry her everywhere, but they are only little for so long. I am going to carry them while I can....but I don't carry her everywhere. I like it when she walks on her own, as long as she is not walking out in front of a moving car.
The woman didn't take into consideration the fact that my light-weight five-year-old fell asleep in the car. Who doesn't like to carry a snuggling child? It's the struggling child you don't want to carry. And what do you say to someone who butts in your business like that?
I told her the same advice everyone always gives me. I want to enjoy her while she is still little. She won't be that way for long.
No comments:
Post a Comment