I tell you one thing…being without Dr Pepper or any other carbonation is very hard. I stay grouchy all day. Hormones have nothing to do with it J. I go to restaurant for lunch because I forgot to pack mine…it is so easy to say “ Combo #1 with a Dr Pepper, please.” For the record, I have not given in one time. Even when there was a full plastic cup of DP on the counter right in front of me that my daughter couldn’t possibly finish on her own. Besides, tea is pretty good, unless it comes from Wendy’s, and water is very refreshing. I can tell in my body by how it feels that I am getting benefits, even if I can’t see them.
I’m doing good without my music, too, but there are times. There are days. Oh, there are those days, like Friday after working Driver’s License all day, that I just needed to play the “Drive at Five” on my way home and sing Loverboy’s “Working for the Weekend” at the top of my voice. Truthfully, being without the music has given me time to listen to my daughter play and talk in the backseat when she doesn’t know I am listening. One of the last conversations that I had with my classmate, John, before he died was about the precious sound of a child playing with her dolls when she doesn’t know anyone is listening. With the radio on and the phone glued to your ear, you miss out on much of that.
Instead of going to class on Sunday, I spent some time in front of the Blessed Sacrament at church. I offered up some things going on in my family. I spent a whole hour of quiet, just me and my Lord—and the twenty or so kids preparing for their first confession. It was still a peaceful time for me.
As far as the TV goes, I haven’t been in front of it too much. The idea was to watch less and to place my priorities elsewhere. I have. Sunday, however, I was just beat-down tired. I spent most of the afternoon asleep and the evening watching specials on the findings of King Tut’s family and genealogy. It was most fascinating to me.
And you know what else happened on Sunday? The T-ball coach called. That’s what. We had our first practice in the frigid cold yesterday! Coming soon….Confessions of a Tball Mom from the front lines of the DMV during Lent and on the last week of the month!!!!! You’re in for a real treat!!!!!
No comments:
Post a Comment