Just a prayer to add to your list...
Mother and Meghan and I took Erin to see a specialist yesterday for her potty problem. I am amazed at how many people come to me to tell me that they have been through this with their own children....
What is happening is that she allows (intentionally or no, I have no idea) her pipes to get backed up for a few days before emptying them...and then this is dramatic and painful. In order to determine if there is a problem with her plumbing, we have to first flush the pipes. We will do this this weekend, missing all the festivities. She will not be very happy about this. Flushing the pipes is a series of unimaginable procedures...neither of us will look forward to.
My boss has been VERY understanding about my need to be off from work for a couple of hours on Friday...the last Friday of the month. My grandmother has made herself available on Monday, should Erin need to stay home again.
We have to return to Children's Hospital on Nov 11 for what will most likely be an uncomfortable exam. Please keep us in your prayers. The object is to make sure that all of her "senses" are working properly. They will also be drawing blood work with the butterfly needle. We had our first experience with it yesterday as well.
As the nurse tied Erin's arm up, she screamed the horror movie scream at the sight of her arm turning red. I'm sure it hurt too. I can't stand that part. Then the needle. The nurse didn't even stick her, and more screams. What is little sister doing? Imagine Meghan sitting on the table next to Erin, patting her on the back. "Shhh. There there. It's all right." Well, Erin's veins rolled, as the nurse said. I don't believe it. My veins do not roll. She has good strong Irish traits. Her veins are SO LITTLE. It might have been the fact that every time she cried, her whole body shook. Anyway, the nurse told us we could just try again at Children's later. When Meghan got off that table, though, she put both hands on her hips and told that nurse, " I just don't understand! Don't hurt again!"
1 comment:
Poor little Erin...I hope they can figure out what's wrong with her.
Post a Comment