
We all talk about our baby's first tooth, first haircut and first day of school. This summer I read a book in which the mom focused on the lasts...last time she kissed her son in front of his friends, last time her daughter wanted a bedtime story, last time she had all her baby teeth...you get the idea.
This week I stayed home with Erin to have her last official week of summer before she started kindergarten. We had the last day she would have long hair and the last day she wanted me to be with her until the very last minute. We went shoe shopping and had soup, salad and breadsticks at the Olive Garden. We watched movies and colored pictures. We picked up little sister from daycare early everyday, and we all had fun together. Tonight we'll even have her favorite meal. Why? Because it may be the last time she asks me to cook it. She is growing up!!!!
I took her to Cuttn Edge in Alexandria to have her hair cut. This was her idea. She wanted a big-girl cut that was cute like some of the girls in her daycare. I think what she really wanted was to cut her curls and then maybe she wouldn't get so much attention for being so cute. You can't run from cute! We went to see Kelly. She is wonderful with kids because she has a little girl Erin's age. I think Erin was pleased with her new do...You be the judge.

This morning was especially hard for me, but for her it was a dream come true. She has talked all summer about going to big girl school. All weekend she asked every day if she would go to school that day. This morning, she got right out of bed and immediately dressed all the way down to her shoes. I told her I was going to take her to school, but she said, "Noooo! I thought I was going to ride the bus. I WANT TO RIDE THE BUS!" And with that, I was dethroned. It would not be the last time I took her picture in front of her kindergarten class, maybe with her teacher, but it would be the FIRST time she rode the bus. At 5. On the way TO school. And with absolutely no fear! 

2 comments:
OMG!!! She got her hair cut. Too cute. I would be in tears all day.
You must be so proud!! Of her and you!! You are doing so great by her! So independant and sure of herself! You go Mom!!
Post a Comment