Sunday, August 14, 2016

I can't believe it's been this long!

I can't believe it's been so long since my last post!  My jaw actually dropped when I saw how long it has been. My summer has been extremely busy. We made it to McGuire's in June.  We went to the location in Pensacola because I was on a work trip to Gulf Shores.  We had a wonderful time in Pensacola, but I wish I could say the same for the work trip.  One plus was that JJ got to spend time with his best friend, John Bryan.  It was a good thing they saw each other. John Bryan was killed a month later in a motorcycle accident.  That was a hard time for him. It changed the way he looked at things, I can tell. He is so different at home now. Sure he loses his temper, but not as often, and he is more a part of things at home. It has been nice to. have rekindled our relationship. I just wish it wasn't at the expense of losing his best friend.  I never thought in a million that he would go through the same thing I went through a couple of years ago.

In May JJ purchased a bass boat.  He was and is so proud of it. JJ says that his life-long dream is to be a bass fisherman in tournaments.  I personally don't know why he can't just fish on the river bank and enjoy himself. He is so excited about his boat, though. He can't wait to sign up in a tournament. We have gone on boat rides and fishing with him and have enjoyed having the boat.  I wonder how he will do in tournaments.  I don't really have any special dream myself, so I am looking forward to seeing him live out his.

We all three participated in the Woodstock 5K
In August I participated in my first 5K marathon race. I don't think they really call it a marathon until you run 13 miles, but it is the most I've ever done before.  It was wonderful to push myself. I used music to keep me pumped like "Survivor" by Destiny's Child.  I completed the race. I had beaten my time from the week before, so it was an accomplishment for me.  I enjoyed pushing myself to accomplish a goal. I thought of JJ who wants his family there at weigh-in cheering him on and supporting him. I thought of how he wasn't there for me that day. I pushed on.  I hope that he will be there for me in th future, but some how I think that if my goals get in the way of his goals, he won't be there.  I'm not going to run every race, but I enjoyed it so much that I look forward to Dashing Through the Springs in December.  Lynda even talks of doing the 5k in Talladega in the Spring. Let's see how this works out, shall we?    The Woodstock 5k was great for me and the girls because we all got to participate in something bigger than us.  Erin served the runners at the end of the race, and Meghan  ran the one mile for kids.  It was just a fun day for all of us.

The after. The before was too embarrassing.
Being busy this summer has kept me away from my Fly Lady goals.  I also found out a few weeks ago that my Daddy has stage three lung cancer. Between all of our summer goals, school shopping and visiting with my dad, I have not even been to church in three weeks.  I have felt bad about not going, but at the same time, I have needed the rest and the time to regroup. Today I did more regrouping than anything. My grandparents celebrated their 70th wedding anniversary on Saturday, and between set up and break down of that and visiting my dad, I just ran out of week, so I stayed home today and basically caught my house up to where it should be by Sunday evening based on Fly Lady standards.

So here's to a new week.  Here's to getting the job done.  Here's to getting back on track. I'm hoping that I can get back to my blog.  So many times I have wanted to write, but have been so tired or so behind that I couldn't fathom turning on the computer.

Peace and blessings. More to come...hopefully.


No comments: