Wednesday, April 18, 2012

Forgive me while I digress..

I interrupt this trip down amnesia lane to take a moment and discuss how God is in the little things. There are "signs" if you will all around the Universe, but we will only see them if we are "looking".

Open my eyes, Lord; open my ears, Lord; open my heart, Lord.

You don't realize just how closed off you are.  In the world of technology, the signs are there but we can't see them or hear them because we are constantly plugged in. Enter my life for the last couple of weeks...

I took a break. I got away from stress, reality and from my life.  I created a new life, a life I was terrified to create because I didn 't think I would make it. God has been with me every step of the way, opening doors, flinging open windows, widening the pathway.

The little signs have been everywhere. The lady at the bank. The women we sheltered with. My attorney, her assistant. My mom, my dad. My friends. The love, and support. The signs kept coming....

The homily on Easter Sunday let me know the time was right. The way things fell into place let me know the time was now.  The security guard whistling an old church hymn let me know God was with me everywhere. God sent his angels to comfort me and the kids at every turn, even in their new school.

The hard road is still ahead, and Lord help me, have I bitten off more than I can chew? But I know that He is with us, His angels surround us. We are His children, and He loves us. We will be protected, and one day I will receive the blessed body and blood of Jesus again. And I can say with certainty that I can wait in the joyful hope of HEAVEN.

Our Father, who art in Heaven,
Hallowed be thy name.
Thy Kingdom come, Thy will be done
on Earth as it is in Heaven.
Give us this day our daily bread.
Forgive us our debts as we forgive our debtors.
Lead us not into temptation, but
Deliver us from evil.

AMEN.

No comments: